All checklists below are downloadable in PDF format. Just click on the link to open the PDF.
Prince George’s County
- Birds of Prince George’s County – Field Checklist (March 2017)
- Birds of Prince George’s County eBird Bar Charts, showing seasonal occurrence and abundance over the past ten years (January 2007 through April 2017). These bar charts were produced using the “Explore Regions — Bar Charts” utility on eBird (http://ebird.org/ebird/barchart?r=US-MD-033&yr=all&m=).
Prince George’s County Hotspots
PDF-Format field checklists for the sites below were produced using the eBird “Print Checklist” utility in “Explore Hotspots” (http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspots). All of the hotspot checklists are current as of March 2017.
- Bladensburg Waterfront Park
- Buddy Attick Lake Park (Greenbelt Lake)
- Fort Foote Park
- Fort Washington Park
- Greenbelt National Park
- Lake Artemesia Natural Area
- Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary
- Milltown Landing Natural Resource Management Area
- Oxon Hill Farm Park/Oxon Cove Park
- Patuxent Research Refuge – South Tract and National Wildlife Visitors Center
- Patuxent River Park
- Piscataway Park
- Schoolhouse Pond
- Official List of the Birds of Maryland – published by the Maryland/DC Records Committee of the Maryland Ornithological Society (November 2016)
- Field Checklist of the Birds of Maryland – published by the Maryland Ornithological Society (2013)
Links to Additional Resources: Searchable Databases
- Data from the Second Atlas of the Breeding Birds of Maryland and the District of Columbia, 2002-2006 (data available from Breeding Bird Atlas Explorer (online resource), U.S. Geological Survey, Patuxent Wildlife Research Center, http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bba
- Data from Breeding Bird Surveys
- Data from Christmas Bird Counts
- Data from Project Feederwatch
- Data from The Great Backyard Bird Count
- Data from Project NestWatch
- Year-by-year data from The Big Sit!