All checklists below are downloadable in PDF format. Just click on the link to open the PDF.
Prince George’s County
- Birds of Prince George’s County – Field Checklist (March 2018)
- Birds of Prince George’s County eBird Bar Charts as of March 2018, showing seasonal occurrence and abundance. These bar charts were produced using the “Explore Regions — Bar Charts” utility on eBird (http://ebird.org/ebird/barchart?r=US-MD-033&yr=all&m=).
- May Count 2018 Checklist (to be used for submitting May count data)
Prince George’s County Hotspots
PDF-Format field checklists for the sites below were produced using the eBird “Print Checklist” utility in “Explore Hotspots” (http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspots). All of the hotspot checklists are current as of March 2017.
- Bladensburg Waterfront Park
- Buddy Attick Lake Park (Greenbelt Lake)
- Fort Foote Park
- Fort Washington Park
- Greenbelt National Park
- Lake Artemesia Natural Area
- Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary
- Milltown Landing Natural Resource Management Area
- Oxon Hill Farm Park/Oxon Cove Park
- Patuxent Research Refuge – South Tract and National Wildlife Visitors Center
- Patuxent River Park
- Piscataway Park
- Schoolhouse Pond
- Official List of the Birds of Maryland – published by the Maryland/DC Records Committee of the Maryland Ornithological Society
- Field Checklist of the Birds of Maryland – published by the Maryland Ornithological Society (2013)
Links to Additional Resources: Searchable Databases
- Data from the Second Atlas of the Breeding Birds of Maryland and the District of Columbia, 2002-2006 (data available from Breeding Bird Atlas Explorer (online resource), U.S. Geological Survey, Patuxent Wildlife Research Center, http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bba
- Data from Breeding Bird Surveys
- Data from Christmas Bird Counts
- Data from Project Feederwatch
- Data from The Great Backyard Bird Count
- Data from Project NestWatch
- Year-by-year data from The Big Sit!